AOS Specialty Contactors, Inc., is a full-service general construction firm focusing on hardscape revitalization projects, as well as customized vertical construction and upfit. We pride ourselves in taking the stress out of construction by committing to the highest quality work that is on time and within budget, all while keeping great relationships with our clients. AOS is able to do this by adhering to one simple motto: "Every customer, every time, exceeding expectations."
AOS offers competitive pay, benefits, and a comfortable work environment for all employees. All education, seminars, and training relating to this position will be paid for by the company. Additionally, AOS has a “promote from within” philosophy and offers opportunity for advancement and career development. For employees that demonstrate the necessary skill and work ethic, this position can be a starting place for a long career with AOS Specialty Contractors.
Concrete Finisher is an intermediate level position. Team members will work under direct supervision, but without detailed instructions, performing, at a skilled level, a variety of tasks required to form, place, finish, and repair concrete roads, walks, curbs, gutters, foundations, and structures. Duties include:
- Read and interpret construction drawings/blueprints and specifications
- Excavate, set elevations and set forms for concrete items
- Calculate quantity of concrete necessary for job
- Level, smooth, and shape surfaces of freshly placed concrete using manual or power screeds and floats
- Finish and curb concrete surfaces
- Remove defective spots from concrete
- Instruct subordinates in safety practices and proper work techniques
- Perform inspection and maintenance on equipment and tools
- Build and repair catch basins and drainage structures
- All of this in addition to functions of entry level team member
This position requires knowledge and experience surrounding construction, physical ability to complete the necessary tasks, and ability to adhere to strict safety standards.
- Two years of practical experience in concrete finishing and form work
- Ability to operate small equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of concrete finishing and ability to perform tasks necessary to form, place, finish, and repair flatwork, curbing, and foundations.
- Knowledge of mixing and proportioning of concrete including admixtures
- Knowledge of the effects of weather on concrete placement, finishing, and curing
- Familiarity with specialized concrete finishes such as exposed aggregate, stamped concrete, and acid etched concrete
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Physical ability to perform general physical activities in construction areas
- Extensive experience in construction
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
To apply, please visit us at:
1224 Two Notch Road
Lexington, SC 29073